Author Topic: bindED - Copy Elite: Dangerous key bind files (.binds) to VoiceAttack variables  (Read 25906 times)

Racerx59

I think I got it. Last thing regarding the variables to use.  Do I use the variables from the "Variable List Reference" or can I use my own.
Most likely I have to use the ones from the Variable List Reference since they match the bindings file.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Do I use the variables from the "Variable List Reference" or can I use my own.
As described in the plugin documentation, it uses the names the the developer of Elite: Dangerous uses in their settings file, just with "ed" prefixed to them.

If you want to use different names, you'll have to set a new variable to the value of one of the variables the plugin creates.

Racerx59

I finally got it. Thanks for your help.

Wolf6463

Hello, I am a Noob to this and cannot get my binds to load into VoiceAttack and I have tried to do it by creating a new command and tell it where to get it and it looks like I am blocked from creating this command please any help.... Thnx...

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
What exactly isn't working?

If you see a "Plugin 'bindED' initialized" message when VoiceAttack starts, you should be able to add an "Execute an External Plugin Function" action to any command, select the bindED plugin, and either put the path to the file into the "Plugin Context" box(if you have multiple .binds files and want to select a specific one, or a nonstandard location), or leave the "Plugin Context" box blank(if your .binds file is in the "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings" folder).

Executing the command should then populate a number of variables within VoiceAttack; You can verify this using a "Write a Value to the Event Log" action:
Code: [Select]
Write '[Purple] {TXT:edPause}, {TXT:edEjectAllCargo}, {TXT:edChargeECM}' to log
At least one of those should say something other than "Not Set"(unless I randomly chose three options that have no keys bound to them, check ingame whether that's the case if it doesn't work).

wilkie79

Yeah, would be interesting to share keyboard layouts. Will see, if I need to make a german one by myself and have the time for it in the next days than I will upload it and post the link here.

Want to take some time to make a better ED Profile for me for the release of 2.3.

Will there be a update for ED 2.3 for this plugin? I'm sure there are new keys for MultiCrew etc. I know for now it is too early, the 2.3 Beta started today (downloading it right now). ^^

Found this for UK virtual keycodes

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36666868/uk-keyboard-virtual-key-code-for-the-symbol

pulgan

Hello ! really nice plugin

I would like to know, how can I add the mouse buttons on the list ?

I tryed to add this lines on the EDMAP.txt:

MOUSE_1;1
MOUSE_2;2
MOUSE_3;4

but nothing

and second question, I don't saw the symbols & é " '... on the virtual key code list. they have a key code ? or I have to use another key?

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 03:30:56 pm by pulgan »

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
Depends on the language layout. Some of them are combination keys, so don't actually *need* the mapping.

French/German layouts should be covered. Other languages, not so much....

Ahorodny

So I downloaded the zip, extracted it put the 3 files in a folder called bindED copies that folder to the apps folder in voice attack, allowed plugins in voice attack. Whenever I go to create a custom command, and “select execute and external plugin command” it keeps on giving me an error saying no plugin available. Looking for some
Advice would love to get this fully working. Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
When you start VoiceAttack you should see a "Plugin 'bindED Plugin v1.0' initialized." message in the log(with a blue dot) after the "Plugin support enabled." message.

If you're not seeing this message, verify that the folder structure of the plugin is like this:
VoiceAttack\Apps\bindED\bindEDplugin.dll

If you're not seeing the "Plugin support enabled." message, double-check that plugin support is enabled.

Ahorodny

<facepalm> There are apparently 2 voice attack folders on my PC since I downloaded it from steam I have to add the plugins to the steam voice attack apps folder not the program files x86 voice attack folder. Thanks

Malic

Does this now include the new button presses for galnet play/pause, next, etc?