Author Topic: Detects commands when not listening  (Read 440 times)

Phaser Rave

• DON'T PANIC!
    • My art
Detects commands when not listening
« on: March 01, 2018, 11:41:23 pm »
Typically after long periods of running the program (but sometimes shortly after restarting it), commands might activate even if the program is not listening. Sometimes the program will start listening (without being told to) and then activate a command (probably confusing the ambient noise for a command), but other times it will activate a voice only command when NOT listening. The log will show that it hasn't begun listening, no keys were pressed to activate listening or the command.

Am I possibly missing something, or does that sound like a bug?
Poor grammar makes me [sic]

iceblast

Re: Detects commands when not listening
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 05:25:35 am »
This happens to me as well. If you look at VA, you'll see that you have it set to not listen, but if you move your mouse over it, the red circle with a slash through it will disappear, revealing that it wasn't really turned off, so you click on it to turn it off, and move your mouse over it again, the red circle disappears again, so it wasn't turned off again. Sometimes you have to click randomly on VA, and then try to turn it off again. Just keeping doing that till when you run your mouse over it, the red circle stays there, then it's truly off.

Now, this is something that doesn't happens all the time, but it happens more times then I like. It's just a nuisance bug that happens from time to time.

Just remember to run the mouse over it, to see if the red circle stays or not.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Detects commands when not listening
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 07:45:53 am »
Looks like the button icon is getting out of sync with the underlying system.  That's why when you hover the button it changes because it's actually looking at the underlying state.  Yeah... that would be irritating for sure.  I am hoping the updated interface in the next release will curb that.  If not, if you happen to notice a pattern to reproduce the issue, I can get it squared away.