Author Topic: Access to Google Speech Api  (Read 104 times)

Lem_Jukes

Access to Google Speech Api
« on: August 08, 2017, 11:58:19 am »
So this may already be doable but, a way to use the google speech API over the Microsoft speech engine would be incredibly useful. I've tested commands side by side and google's speech handler is miles ahead of what Microsoft's service is able to recognize. I realize the google speech API is a paid cloud service, so I'm not entirely sure on how the logistics of integrating it into Voice Attack. But at the very least is there any kind of a third party solution that would involve using the google speech recognition api to pass text to voice attack to be registered as commands? I realize this is a bit of a long shot but does anybody have any thoughts on this?

iceblast

Re: Access to Google Speech Api
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 03:12:52 am »
Have you tried Microsoft Speech Platform 11? If you are just wanting better Recognition, for me MSP 11 does the job. Just install it, and go into VA's options and switch to it.

The standard speech engine doesn't work very will for me, but MSP 11 is a great deal better, and you don't have to train it.

Google would be great, but it's unlikely that VA will be able to use it.

Exergist

• Can you dig it?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 08:46:57 am »
@iceblast - are you referring to this:

...which can be installed by following these instructions from the VA website and then accessed by enabling these options:

(actual use the top option for the recognition and the bottom option for the TTS voice).

Thoughts? Thanks!

iceblast

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 02:15:59 am »
It's the Microsoft Server Speech Recognition Language - TELE (en-US)

That is the one I use. It works really good for me, but no speech recognition is perfect, they all have their flaws, but it's much better than the default one that comes with Windows, and you don't have to train it.

The use installed speech platform text-to-speech synthesizers is if you want to use microsoft voice I believe. I have the voice Ivona 2 Joey installed, so I use the top one.