Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
How Do I? / Re: Extract dynamic variable from spokend command?
« Last post by Pfeil on Today at 09:28:20 pm »
To keep segment numbers predictable, unused/not spoken ones will return ""(blank) instead of "Not Set", so in your case "{CMDSEGMENT:2}" will never be "Not Set".
"{CMDSEGMENT:3} would be, because the command has only 3 segments, which being zero-indexed means the highest index would be 2.

Use
Code: [Select]
Begin Text Compare : [{CMDSEGMENT:2}] Equals ''instead.
« Last post by Jonn on Today at 04:51:22 pm »
Thanks for your reply :)

I read (fast) through the manual, I missed it completely the first time. I'm rewriting a bunch of commands now :) 

I got a warning about many commands, so I reduced the number a lot.  I used [1..10;1..10,10;1..10,100] instead.

I have on problem
My command: "Axis [left;right;up;down] [1..10;]"

So I can say "Axis right 1" and a loop moves the direction right key 1 time.
But when I try to say "Axis left" it doesn't work even though I've created an If block that sets the loop counter to 1 when the number wasn't stated ({CMDSEGMENT:2} Has not been set).

Here is my code, help is greatly appreciated :)

axis [left;right;up;down] [1..10;1..10,10;]
Set Text [direction] to '{CMDSEGMENT:1}'
Begin Text Compare : [{CMDSEGMENT:2}] Has Not Been Set
    Set integer [number] value to 1
Else
    Set integer [number] value to the converted value of {CMDSEGMENT:2}
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [direction] Equals 'left'
    Start Loop : Repeat [number] Times
        Press Left key and hold for 0,1 seconds and release
        Pause 0,05 seconds
    End Loop
Else If Text Compare : [direction] Equals 'right'
        Press Right key and hold for 0,1 seconds and release
        Pause 0,05 seconds
    End Loop
Else If Text Compare : [direction] Equals 'up'
        Press Up key and hold for 0,1 seconds and release
        Pause 0,05 seconds
    End Loop
Else If Text Compare : [direction] Equals 'down'
        Press Down key and hold for 0,1 seconds and release
        Pause 0,05 seconds
    End Loop
End Condition
« Last post by Gary on Today at 11:25:41 am »
Hi, Jonn.

You'll want to look in the help doc for, 'Dynamic command sections' and the corresponding token, '{CMDSEGMENT:segment}'

To get the direction, you'll want to check the value of {CMDSEGMENT:1}.  To get the numeric value, you'll use {CMDSEGMENT:2}.  {CMDSEGMENT:0} will always be, 'Pixel'.

Sorry for the short answer... I'm not at my computer ;)   I'm sure Pfeil will have a very detailed and better answer, but I was hoping to at least get you off in a direction.

Just an fyi on this, you're looking at an excess of 40,000 commands being added in the background.  I think it will load pretty quick nowadays, but there will still be some lag I'm sure.
How Do I? / Extract dynamic variable from spokend command?
« Last post by Jonn on Today at 11:01:47 am »
Hello everyone :)

I'm a handicapped person that have been using VA for a few years now. My hands are not working, but with eye-tracking together with VA I'm able to use the computer. My VA macros are pretty basic and I want to improve them.

I have a few commands with number input, such as "Pixel left 10" (move cursor) , " Axis left 5" (direction keys) and "Zoom in 3" (mouse scroll wheel) .

I made seperate commands for the various numbers and various directions and always found it tedious. I now understand that you can use variables in the spoken command, but I still don't understand how I can read those variables from the spoken command?

If I made a command like "Pixel [left;right;up;down] [1..10000]" how can I read those variables so I can use them in a loop- or if-block?

Any help is much appreciated :)
Plugin Discussions / Re: Switching profiles issue
« Last post by Pfeil on Today at 01:32:18 am »
That message tends to show up when a plugin crashes.

Do you have a command that will run when you load the first profile to set up your plugin, that would make your plugin break?

Plugins shouldn't be affected by profile switching itself, as long as you're not relying on profile-scoped VoiceAttack variables, as they would be discarded.
Plugin Discussions / Switching profiles issue
« Last post by Hollywood_315 on Today at 01:17:20 am »
I'm sure I'm missing something basic here so appreciate guidance. Working on a plugin I have a simple profile that goes with it. All is well when I use only this profile, and all plugin functions work nicely as advertised. However, VA doesn't like it when I switch to another profile (which doesn't use the plugin btw) and then back. When I do this I get messages
UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN. PLUGIN NOT VALID FOR THIS VERSION OF VOICEATTACK.

What am I missing? Is there some kind of state management I need to implement to prevent this?
Many thanks
Issues / Re: 1.6.7 and up...Overwriting existing cmds issue
« Last post by mIRCon on Today at 12:00:09 am »
Since such "thing" was available up to the 1.6.7 version and was used for patching profiles can it now be assumed that it'll continue to work as it is right now or it'll be fixed as it was before 1.6.7 or something third will be applied? :)
General Discussion / Re: Brand new user, have some questions.
« Last post by Pfeil on August 17, 2017, 11:44:39 pm »
* I'm currently just using a 43" TV and the built in speakers, and when Astra speaks, she can set herself off again based on what she's saying. I can mitigate that with setups/positioning, but I was wondering, is it actually possible to set a command so that WHILE she is talking, the voice rec is not ALSO listening? Is it possible to set it up so that WHILE she is talking, the ONLY command she will obey is "stop" or "wait" etc etc, as in, I "interrupt her, so she resets to just full listening".
There is currently no way to determine whether TTS or sounds are playing, so you'd have to include a section to enable and disable listening in each individual command that requires it.

If you want to enable a certain command while listening is disabled, add
Start VoiceAttack listening at the top of it.

You can disable listening again immediately after that if you'd like.

- I know theres is an option to "allow other commands to be executed while this one is running" but I would have to go un-tick that for hundreds of commands to get that result. Is there a global option?
There is no built-in global option, no.

However, you could export the profile, open it with a text editor, and change
</ActionSequence>
      <Async>false</Async>
to
</ActionSequence>
      <Async>true</Async>
then re-import it.
Always keep an unaltered backup copy of your profile, just in case.
Also note any values saved to the profile will not be exported, so will be lost when re-importing(if you remove the profile beforehand, otherwise a copy will be created without the saved values).

* Macro timings: When trying "request docking", the panels start to open but half the time totally wrong options get selected. Once the Frame Drive got engaged instead. This happens with other commands as well. Assuming that the actual keypress being sent are CORRECT, can lag be a factor? Should I concentrate on slowing down timings, or has anyone here come across other reasons this happens?
Anything that delays or otherwise interferes with the game's input registration will disrupt macros.

Especially if the game is not running at a solid framerate, you're likely to get input lag, but in some games even network latency can cause issues.

Games are designed with human players in mind, so the minimum input lag/keypress detection rate may not be ideal for fast macros with little delay.
That said, HCS profiles are designed to be compatible with the games they're sold for, so that should not usually be an issue unless there's something going on with your machine.
You could inquire about this on the HCS forums, as they'd likely have experience with such problems.
How Do I? / Re: Mouse clicks don't seem to work correctly for me..
« Last post by iliad on August 17, 2017, 11:08:01 pm »
Yes, it runs as admin...Windows 10, have to auth it each time I launch.
How Do I? / Re: Mouse clicks don't seem to work correctly for me..
« Last post by Pfeil on August 17, 2017, 09:55:03 pm »
Just making sure, but are you running VoiceAttack as administrator?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10