Author Topic: VAExtensions, a general purpose plugin  (Read 4156 times)

JGFarris

• My Facebook Page
Re: VAExtensions, a general purpose plugin
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 09:46:08 am »
Anyway, if you have downloaded the files all you should need to do is add the library in the project references (Property->references).
The Package Manager integrated with Visual Studio (not entirely sure if the 'NuGet Package Explorer' is the same thing, you shouldn't have to download that separately...) should have already done that for you, but maybe try removing and re-adding manually.
well, I'll keep messing with it. In the meantime,  I was finally able to connect to my SQL server database from within my own project. :-)

I just love programming. :-)
Jerry Farris, Jr.
Entrepreneur, Programmer and Disability Advocate
jerry@jerryfarris.com

Antaniserse

• Global Moderator
    • My VA plugins
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2016, 08:23:20 am »
Version 2.0 is out, with support for the new VoiceAttack plugin interface... requires VoiceAttack 1.6 or later
"I am not perfect and neither was my career. In the end tennis is like life, messy."
Marat Safin

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2016, 09:03:41 am »
Awesome :)

Frici

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2016, 01:52:13 pm »
Version 2.0 is out, with support for the new VoiceAttack plugin interface... requires VoiceAttack 1.6 or later

Great! thanks for your hard work :D

Technomancer

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2017, 10:06:34 am »
Late to the party...haven't played ED in a while, but...

SCHWEEET!!!

Exergist

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2017, 11:33:11 am »
This sounds super cool and might be a great way to test the water with the plugins. I'll definitely need to check this out!!

Thanks for the great work!  :D

Gangrel

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2017, 03:58:59 pm »
I am trying to come up with a command that reads a string from a text file and paste it into Elite Dangerous text entry box. And then the next time it does the next line. So on and so forth.

Currently I am having to use 2 commands (one to copy) and another to paste, and I was wondering if there was a method to do this using this extension....

Mr Talkalot

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2017, 12:02:28 am »
Would really like some basic information on how to install and use this.

I have some commands in a xlsx format that I would like to convert to a VA Profile,
that I can add to my current profile for ED.

Any other help about how to use txt, html, and other formats with VA would be greatly appreciated
by this non programmer.

Antaniserse

• Global Moderator
    • My VA plugins
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2017, 03:01:32 am »
Would really like some basic information on how to install and use this.

I have some commands in a xlsx format that I would like to convert to a VA Profile,
that I can add to my current profile for ED.

Any other help about how to use txt, html, and other formats with VA would be greatly appreciated
by this non programmer.

Installation is pretty straightforward: take the folder (not the single files) inside the zipped archive, and extract inside the \Apps directory in your main VoiceAttack folder, so that you end up with a \Apps\VAExtensions\<some files> structure

After that, just launch VoiceAttack and, if you have plugin enabled in your options, you should see a confirmation message in the log that VAExtensions has been loaded... import the sample profiles included to have a look at the various functions

Note, however, that all the TXT/XML/CVS/etc. reading capabilities of the plugin are not meant to directly import new commands from those files into your profiles, but rather to use the data inside to feed your various actions with whatever extra info you might need from external files

"I am not perfect and neither was my career. In the end tennis is like life, messy."
Marat Safin

rpoteat

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2017, 08:51:08 pm »
Note, however, that all the TXT/XML/CVS/etc. reading capabilities of the plugin are not meant to directly import new commands from those files into your profiles, but rather to use the data inside to feed your various actions with whatever extra info you might need from external files

???
This is the part I find most confusing and would want a little more guidance and instruction on..,,,,,

Pfeil

• RTFM
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2017, 07:20:26 am »
This plugin can read and write data to and from VoiceAttack values/variables. It does not make profiles or commands.

In a way, it's a more advanced version of the "Value from file/URI" feature built into VoiceAttack's "Set a Text Value" action.

Antaniserse

• Global Moderator
    • My VA plugins
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2017, 07:20:33 am »
This plugin can read and write data to and from VoiceAttack values/variables. It does not make profiles or commands.

In a way, it's a more advanced version of the "Value from file/URI" feature built into VoiceAttack's "Set a Text Value" action.
Yes, pretty much this... it gives you a finer control over what format and what chunks of data you can extract from those files, compared to the built in "Value from file" action
Marat Safin