Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Issues / Re: VoiceAttack crashes on start up - please help!
« Last post by N1njaRat on Today at 08:48:44 am »
Tried a similar approach after reading the post linked, cheers for that.  Not sorted the issue but I have now identified an additional problem. Under system devices the high definition audio controller is showing an error.  Looks like a greater issue.

To add to the problems my internet has gone down and will take a few days to wait for an engineer.  It never rains, it pours! 

Thanks for the assistance, I will get the drivers sorted and hopefully that will fix everything
Issues / Re: VoiceAttack crashes on start up - please help!
« Last post by Pfeil on Today at 05:09:03 am »
You can try this:
You may want to run a system file scan to see if that yields anything:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

and possibly a CHKDSK:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee872425.aspx

Another user had a similar issue after reinstalling Windows 10, though with a different .dll
I had to take ownership of the folder, change permissions should I could delete, rename etc. Deleted the original and got a copy of the dll from a friend. All works now.
Plugin Discussions / Re: Plugin altered VAP-file?
« Last post by arkemiffo on Today at 05:08:30 am »
Yeah, had a feeling it would be more complicated than I thought, and not really possible the way I imagined it.
Thanks for the answer anyway.
Plugin Discussions / Re: Plugin altered VAP-file?
« Last post by Pfeil on Today at 05:03:00 am »
VoiceAttack doesn't use .vap files to load stored profiles, the data is grouped together in a database file called "VoiceAttack.dat".

Adding commands on-the-fly is not possible in any case, as the phrase list is populated and sent to the speech recognition engine in its entirety when the profile is (re)loaded.
Plugin Discussions / Plugin altered VAP-file?
« Last post by arkemiffo on Today at 04:46:59 am »
Hello,

This is a simply curious question. I have not tried it yet, but it is a function I'm thinking about at the moment.

Basically, I have made/are making (not done with it yet) a plugin that will grab an article from wikipedia, divide it up in sections and then read certain sections back to me in a voice synthesis based on voice commands.
Due to the dynamic nature of my plugin, and the possibility I have of naming each section, I was wondering if it's possible to alter the VAP file from the plugin and have that reflected in the application?

For example, if I'm grabbing the article about Earth, the first paragraph of the introduction is read out to me. From here I have the option of saying "TOC" or "Table of Content", and it will read that out to me. This will always be the same as Wikipedia articles are structured that way.
However, to continue on, at the moment I have to say "Section 3" for it to read out that section (in this case "Physical characteristics").
I was hoping that when I have an article loaded I can go through the table of content from the article and add commands in the VAP-file that will let me say "Physical characteristics" instead of "Section 3".
I can set up a command in VA that uses dictation instead, but that's wobbly at best.

My guess here is that VAP files are only accessed once, when they're loaded into the profile. If the file is changed while the profile is already loaded, nothing will happen until I restart VA, but I'd thought I ask if it was possible anyway.

Kind regards
/Henrik
Issues / VoiceAttack crashes on start up - please help!
« Last post by N1njaRat on Today at 04:16:46 am »
Been using VoiceAttack with no problems on win10 x64 for a few weeks, awesome program!  Had to reinstall windows and now voice attack crashes on start up every time.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Checked VoiceAttackFault.txt

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Cannot load the "comctl32.dll" DLL into memory.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_CreateParams()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.get_CreateParams()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.get_CreateParams()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.get_CreateParams()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor(Boolean autoInstallSyncContext)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl..ctor()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl..ctor()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form..ctor()
   at VoiceAttack.DraggableForm..ctor()
   at VoiceAttack.frmMain..ctor()
   at VoiceAttack.Program.(String[] )System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Cannot load the "comctl32.dll" DLL into memory.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_CreateParams()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.get_CreateParams()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.get_CreateParams()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.get_CreateParams()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor(Boolean autoInstallSyncContext)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl..ctor()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl..ctor()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form..ctor()
   at VoiceAttack.DraggableForm..ctor()
   at VoiceAttack.frmMain..ctor()
   at VoiceAttack.Program.(String[] )

Checked Event Viewer and got 3 errors

Windows cannot access the file C:\Windows\Speech\Engines\SR\en-GB\AI032057.am for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program VoiceAttack because of this error.

Program: VoiceAttack
File: C:\Windows\Speech\Engines\SR\en-GB\AI032057.am

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
   - It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
   - It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: C0000242
Disk type: 3

Faulting application name: VoiceAttack.exe, version: 1.6.7.0, time stamp: 0x595818d4
Faulting module name: spsreng.dll, version: 8.0.15063.0, time stamp: 0x864e4627
Exception code: 0xc0000006
Fault offset: 0x000939ca
Faulting process ID: 0xe44
Faulting application start time: 0x01d31a6bda2ae3b9
Faulting application path: C:\voiceattack\steamapps\common\VoiceAttack\VoiceAttack.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Speech\Engines\SR\spsreng.dll
Report ID: f1e6b26e-77c0-4048-bb3a-2acdae94eef1
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: VoiceAttack.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000006, exception address 595439CA
Stack:
Issues / Re: VoiceAttack won't start
« Last post by Aldaris on Today at 02:55:05 am »
All sorted now. I had to take ownership of the folder, change permissions should I could delete, rename etc. Deleted the original and got a copy of the dll from a friend. All works now.
Plugin Discussions / Re: Switching profiles issue
« Last post by Pfeil on Today at 01:38:53 am »
Profile-scoped variables are declared with a ">" prefix, meaning they're cleared when switching profiles.
See the "Advanced Variable Control (Scope)" in VoiceAttackHelp.pdf for more information on variable scopes.

You could try wrapping the contents of "VA_Invoke1" in a try/catch block and outputting any exceptions to the log or a messagebox.

What is your plugin supposed to do? Can you post the source code?
Plugin Discussions / Re: Switching profiles issue
« Last post by Hollywood_315 on Today at 01:01:17 am »
It's a bit puzzling. The profile is very basic and doesn't pass any variables, only context values. Even when I use a fully stripped-down profile the issue still remains. So apparently it is a feature of the plugin itself somehow. It doesn't crash on switching but only as soon as the plugin is invoked i.e. Invoke1 is called after profile switch. Do you have examples of what such profile-scoped VoiceAttack variables could be?
Feature Requests / Re: Additional info in debug?
« Last post by CaseyWagner on August 20, 2017, 04:18:55 pm »
Spoken Command | Command type | Keys activated | Duration

Also if the command type is a prefix how many commands it could branch out to.
Or another for variable state too.
Generally if the app tracks it, make it a tab that turns on or off in the debug for user to track it too :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10