Author Topic: bindED - Copy Elite: Dangerous key bind files (.binds) to VoiceAttack variables  (Read 109692 times)

Racerx59

I think I got it. Last thing regarding the variables to use.  Do I use the variables from the "Variable List Reference" or can I use my own.
Most likely I have to use the ones from the Variable List Reference since they match the bindings file.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Do I use the variables from the "Variable List Reference" or can I use my own.
As described in the plugin documentation, it uses the names the the developer of Elite: Dangerous uses in their settings file, just with "ed" prefixed to them.

If you want to use different names, you'll have to set a new variable to the value of one of the variables the plugin creates.

Racerx59

I finally got it. Thanks for your help.

Wolf6463

Hello, I am a Noob to this and cannot get my binds to load into VoiceAttack and I have tried to do it by creating a new command and tell it where to get it and it looks like I am blocked from creating this command please any help.... Thnx...

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
What exactly isn't working?

If you see a "Plugin 'bindED' initialized" message when VoiceAttack starts, you should be able to add an "Execute an External Plugin Function" action to any command, select the bindED plugin, and either put the path to the file into the "Plugin Context" box(if you have multiple .binds files and want to select a specific one, or a nonstandard location), or leave the "Plugin Context" box blank(if your .binds file is in the "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings" folder).

Executing the command should then populate a number of variables within VoiceAttack; You can verify this using a "Write a Value to the Event Log" action:
Code: [Select]
Write '[Purple] {TXT:edPause}, {TXT:edEjectAllCargo}, {TXT:edChargeECM}' to log
At least one of those should say something other than "Not Set"(unless I randomly chose three options that have no keys bound to them, check ingame whether that's the case if it doesn't work).

wilkie79

Yeah, would be interesting to share keyboard layouts. Will see, if I need to make a german one by myself and have the time for it in the next days than I will upload it and post the link here.

Want to take some time to make a better ED Profile for me for the release of 2.3.

Will there be a update for ED 2.3 for this plugin? I'm sure there are new keys for MultiCrew etc. I know for now it is too early, the 2.3 Beta started today (downloading it right now). ^^

Found this for UK virtual keycodes

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36666868/uk-keyboard-virtual-key-code-for-the-symbol

pulgan

Hello ! really nice plugin

I would like to know, how can I add the mouse buttons on the list ?

I tryed to add this lines on the EDMAP.txt:

MOUSE_1;1
MOUSE_2;2
MOUSE_3;4

but nothing

and second question, I don't saw the symbols & é " '... on the virtual key code list. they have a key code ? or I have to use another key?

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 03:30:56 PM by pulgan »

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
Depends on the language layout. Some of them are combination keys, so don't actually *need* the mapping.

French/German layouts should be covered. Other languages, not so much....

Ahorodny

So I downloaded the zip, extracted it put the 3 files in a folder called bindED copies that folder to the apps folder in voice attack, allowed plugins in voice attack. Whenever I go to create a custom command, and “select execute and external plugin command” it keeps on giving me an error saying no plugin available. Looking for some
Advice would love to get this fully working. Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
When you start VoiceAttack you should see a "Plugin 'bindED Plugin v1.0' initialized." message in the log(with a blue dot) after the "Plugin support enabled." message.

If you're not seeing this message, verify that the folder structure of the plugin is like this:
VoiceAttack\Apps\bindED\bindEDplugin.dll

If you're not seeing the "Plugin support enabled." message, double-check that plugin support is enabled.

Ahorodny

<facepalm> There are apparently 2 voice attack folders on my PC since I downloaded it from steam I have to add the plugins to the steam voice attack apps folder not the program files x86 voice attack folder. Thanks

Malic

Does this now include the new button presses for galnet play/pause, next, etc?

Malic

edGalnetAudio_Play_Pause
edGalnetAudio_SkipBackward
edGalnetAudio_SkipForward
edGalnetAudio_ClearQueue

Would need to be added to the OP for the new Galnet commands

I made a command

[Previous;Play;Pause;Next;Clear] gal net [news;]

Begin Text Compare : [{CMDSEGMENT:0}] Equals 'Next'
    Press variable key(s) [edGalnetAudio_SkipForward] and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Else If Text Compare : [{CMDSEGMENT:0}] Equals 'Play'
    Press variable key(s) [edGalnetAudio_Play_Pause] and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Else If Text Compare : [{CMDSEGMENT:0}] Equals 'Pause'
    Press variable key(s) [edGalnetAudio_Play_Pause] and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Else If Text Compare : [{CMDSEGMENT:0}] Equals 'Previous'
    Press variable key(s) [edGalnetAudio_SkipBackward] and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Else If Text Compare : [{CMDSEGMENT:0}] Equals 'Clear'
    Press variable key(s) [edGalnetAudio_ClearQueue] and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
End Condition

zrowolf

Hello all,

I'm having a problem with the plugin, it works for most keys and even buttons on my joystick, but when I use a command that calls [edPrimaryFire] I keep getting a warning that the variable is not set.
In VoiceAttack, I have the joystick enabled and assigned, and in my Elite Dangerous keybinds file, the key is listed as JOY_1.

I'm not even sure where to start troubleshooting this issue, any ideas?

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
Hello all,

I'm having a problem with the plugin, it works for most keys and even buttons on my joystick, but when I use a command that calls [edPrimaryFire] I keep getting a warning that the variable is not set.
In VoiceAttack, I have the joystick enabled and assigned, and in my Elite Dangerous keybinds file, the key is listed as JOY_1.

This plugin only reads keyboard keys which is why you are getting a not set.
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

zrowolf

Hello all,

This plugin only reads keyboard keys which is why you are getting a not set.

Huh, interesting.  Thank you, I'll have a look at my keybinds.

Acecool

Here's mine: Say Load System to load the bind module...

It has been a long time since I played ED / ED:H, but I figured I'd post this. They should all be dynamic but I can't recall if some aren't.. I know I spent some time configuring everything and adding features so they should be all good to go in unison with BindED plugin.

I don't remember whether or not the self destruct one was actually set up, and I wanted to set up a cancel system but never got around to it.

I have the following commands Setup:

For Game Commands and Voice Attack Initialization:
Load System - Initializes Voice Attack Profile and BindED Plugin
Reconnect - Alternates between Solo and Online quickly

For Ground Operations:
Deploy Rover - Deploy or Recover
Recall Ship - ...
Request Docking - ...
Toggle Landing Gear - ...

For Ship Defense:
Charge ECM - ...
Charge Shields - Uses Shield Cell
Deploy Heatsink - ...
Fire Chaff - ...
Initiate Self Destruct Sequence - 5 second delay KABOOM!
Surrender Cargo - Ejects all cargo

For Ship Propulsion:
All Stop - Throttle 0
Boost - Speed Boost
Engage Jump - Hyperspace
Engage Warp - Super-Cruise

For Ship Readiness:
Alert Stations
Battle Stations
Landing Stations
Silent Running

For Ship Systems ( Powers are output in this format Weapons / Shields / Engines ):
Power Engines - ( 1 / 1 / 4 )
Power Escape - ( 0 / 2 / 4 )
Power Reset - ( 2 / 2 / 2 )
Power Shields - ( 2 / 4 / 0 )
Power Weapons - ( 4 / 2 / 0 )

For targeting:
Hostile - Targets next hostile
Last - Previous Target
Last Hostile - Previous Hostile
Last System - Previous Sub-System
Next - Next Target
Route Navigation - Next System in route
System - Next Sub-System
Target - Target Ahead
Target Threat - Highest Threat
Target Wingman 1 - ...
Target Wingman 2 - ...
Target Wingman 3 - ...
Targets Target - Targets your Targets Target
Wing Navigation - Locks Navigation to Wing

philstach3

Has this been updated with the latest Chapter 4 Beyond update? If not, will it or can it?

ArNeo

@philstach3,

There's no need if there are no structural changes to the 'binds-file',
edBinds reads the 'Custom.3.0.binds' xml-file and generates the 'Variable key-press'.
So when there are new key-binds they automatically get generated.
Be aware that there needs to be a key-bound in the game, joystick buttons won't work.

Copy the Elite dangerous bind-file and open it with a text editor, there you can see the <key-bind elements>
i.e. <OrbitLinesToggle> edBinds creates a 'Variable key-press' named  'edOrbitLinesToggle' which you can use in VoiceAttack.
Dunno if all the elements are converted from there.

I started to make a list Here, haven't updated after 3.2, there are key-binds for the General, Ship and SRV.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 08:15:07 AM by ArNeo »

Sirbenskee

Any way we can get this for Star Citizen?

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
I've looked at doing this for HCS profiles but SC has a really odd binding system and not all things are put into a readable file. Hopefully it will become consistent enough to do nearer it's release.
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

ptimale

Hello

Translated by Google

BindED is still functional in the latest version of Elite Dangerous.

No way to make it work.

I look for info for my problem, but rine find very clear

Photos are more talking than long talks

VoiceAttack install yesterday

in advance thank you for your help

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
If you're calling the plugin before getting the value of "edLandingGearToggle", which it appears you're doing, bindED should retrieve the values.

Have you checked this with other binds? Is there a keypress assigned to the landing gear toggle action in the binds file you're referencing?

Labanden

Question, I have bind for CyclePreviousSubsystem set to #, but when i use VA to do that i get a / which is set to PreviousTarget. I have confirmed the correct command is being used. Ideas?

Have even moved this command to a new profile.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Are you using a non-US keyboard layout?

This is for English-US keyboards.  Your keyboard layout may not line up exactly with this mapping, so adjustments may need to be made (you can edit this file as you see fit, just as long as it follows the KeyName;Code structure that you see inside the file). 

Check the "Setting up the bindED plugin" section of the first post in this topic if so.

Azorath

Sometimes, not always, when I change bindings from ED it does reverts back to first state when starts up or if I call the BindED with this.

What changes; I enter the options to change a binding like enabling the mouse controls for dss or fss or sth else then I find that I forgot sth and go back to add that then when I go back it reverts the first changes with very first .binds on the start. Only solution so far I found editing the .binds file or making the changes strictly carefully in one go.

I'm pretty sure .binds is the only binds file in bindings folder and its not read-only. 

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
when I change bindings from ED it does reverts back to first state when starts up or if I call the BindED with this.

What, specifically, reverts? The ingame binds, or only the data in VoiceAttack? In case of the latter, does restarting VoiceAttack resolve the issue?

Azorath

Sorry for late reply, not the VA but ingame settings reverts. Like .binds file is read-only.

But; I haven't had this problem since I changed my joystick. I get rid of the old binds folder (by moving it ofc heheh) and creating new custom binds.

Thanks anyway ^^

Psilovybin

Anyone got an updated .vap for the new interface changes? 

bronney

Anyone got an updated .vap for the new interface changes?
I am working on it, but since I haven't played with the FSS, etc it's taking some time.  I don't wanna release buggy stuff that make people update.  Hang tight, currently reading the new EDDI states and this:

https://github.com/Corysia/bindED/issues/5