Author Topic: Elite Dangerous 3.0 not working with VA  (Read 637 times)

Dan Dare

Elite Dangerous 3.0 not working with VA
« on: February 27, 2018, 01:20:03 pm »
 :(
I get this error message when I try to run VA with latest ED version 3.0 "Beyond":
HCS Elite Dangerous Journal Reader ERROR: Unexpected end when deserializing object. Path 'Items', line 1, position 161.
It keeps repeating endlessly. Any ideas? Also posted on ED forum.
Ahh found this on HCS forum
Your current version of VoicePack plugins will NOT work in Elite 3.0. We are readying an update right now and subject to final testing should be out tomorrow. This update is not just a fix for the plugin, it is a HUGE update to every HCS VoicePack. You will receive an email when it is ready or check here. Please be patient with us.
Ho Hum
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 01:36:57 pm by Dan Dare »

amcb10

Re: Elite Dangerous 3.0 not working with VA
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 02:09:05 pm »
I get the same error but I think it is due to ED screwing with the journal.  We will require an update but for now you can only switch plugins off....

skummer

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 04:07:16 pm »
delete old journals from c:\users\username\saved games\frontier developments\elite dangerous and then restart voice attack and elite dangerous

Clicker

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 05:09:49 pm »
This is a HCS Voicepack issue, not a Voice Attack issue and is caused to changes made by FD in the journal file written by Elite Dangerous.

HCS Voicepacks are about to release new versions of their voicepacks tomorrow or the next day which fixes this known issue.

Hope this helps.

Clicker

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 07:14:00 pm »
updates are being uploaded right now, emails will be sent as soon as theyre ready for you to grab
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.