Author Topic: FSX seems clueless  (Read 36 times)

tres2

FSX seems clueless
« on: November 14, 2017, 02:37:41 pm »
Hi,

I'm   Tres Pierson. I just started the trial registration this morning and I'm very impressed!

I have gotten involved in this with only one very narrowly focused specific need; I need to command mouse scroll wheel activity inside FSX as my finger dexterity is insufficient to the task due to chronic progressive multiple sclerosis.

I have gotten to the point where I have figured out how to create a couple of commands; one called "scroll up 10" another called "scroll down 10" and a third called "click". Each of these works just fine across multiple platforms including one of my war games, EXCEPT in FSX which does nothing. So I'm doing something wrong.

I know it will work with FSX because I found out about it from an FSX user recommended it.

So, any ideas on where I should start looking? Thanks very much in advance!

Tres

tres2

Re: FSX seems clueless
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 07:27:40 am »
D'oh! For anybody else who, like me, is a dummy, the answer is run as administrator!

For heaven sake, I should know better than that.

Now I'm at the place where my scroll up 10 or scroll down 10 command works but it will only scroll one click at a time I can't get it to do more - any ideas greatly appreciated.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: FSX seems clueless
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 07:52:55 am »
Hi, Tres.

Glad to hear you got this mostly sorted.  Was in the middle of replying to you yesterday, but I got pulled off on to something and did not return.

You'll want to try putting a little bit of a pause between clicks and see if that works.

Click forward
Pause 0.01
Click forward
Pause 0.01
Click forward

It could be that VA is doing the clicks faster than FSX is polling.  If that works, adjust the pauses until it feels right (and FSX still responds).

Hope that helps!