Author Topic: Line-input w. mic. pre-amp not working  (Read 41 times)

Analdo

Line-input w. mic. pre-amp not working
« on: February 13, 2018, 04:04:00 am »
None of the line-input on 3 different soundcards works with Voice Attack? The problem is, that the level is way to low, so I must scream to get the VU-level bar in the VoiceAttack window to show any input.

Windows 10 voice recognition is trained with my Berringer C1 mic. and the levels are perfect in any other program I use with sound input (the mic. are attached through a “Tube Ultragain Mic2000 pre-amp”).

The line input is setup as the default windows recording device.

All audio devices with a headset connected to a microphone input works ok, but I like the far better quality from my Berringer mic. (I have noticed that even a little noise can ruin the speech recognition)

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
Re: Line-input w. mic. pre-amp not working
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 05:13:41 am »
Try disabling/enabling the "Disable Adaptive Recognition" setting in the VA Settings, recognition tab.

Analdo

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 08:35:55 am »
Thank you for you suggestion, but checking/unchecking "Disable Adaptive Recognition" does not change anything  :(

I also tried to restart VA after changing the setting but also without any luck.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 08:55:00 am »
Looks like you're going to have to take a little trip through this thread:
http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1635.0

There's something in your signal chain that is preventing the speech engine under VA from getting a good enough signal to be effective.  There are no filters in VA to make this happen, so, you're going to have to do some legwork in your setup, unfortunately.  In that thread, the first item to check is,  'Disable Acoustic Echo Cancellation'.  Try that one first before doing anything else.  Good luck!

Analdo

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 12:31:02 pm »
Thank you for the input, but I’ve already tried to disable “Acoustic Echo Cancellation” with no luck.

Any existing option to disable automatic gain, sensitivity, noise reduction, volume normalization etc. is also fully exploited in control panels for sound card drivers.

I also looked at the site you linked to, but I must admit that I’ve have a hard time accepting my problem originates from another source than the Speech Engine or VA and I honestly don’t know where to start looking for this problem.

I would be very interested in knowing if other VA users have a similar setup working correctly?