Author Topic: EDBindTool: Generating VA profiles from Elite Dangerous .binds files  (Read 10299 times)

lavaeolus

Re: EDBindTool: Generating VA profiles from Elite Dangerous .binds files
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2016, 07:36:53 am »
I've just added CLI version 1.6.0 to the initial post. This is e special version for the MultiCrew VA profile by TheThingIs.
It has two new options:

--preprocess - generates as csv-file which can be edited and then converted to a vap-file in another run of
edbindtool, with the csv-file as parameter instead of the .binds-file. I am not shure if this is usefull, but the csv-file generated in by --preprocess can be used as command-reference for the second new option, which should be useful.

--include=filename - adds commands from a csv-file to the generated .vap-file. This can be used to create a reference to another command instead of supplying the actual key-names.

Look at this example:

Category;Name;ActionType;Device;Duration;Key;Modifier;Description
ED Keyboard Bindings included;((Up Thrusters 8s));PressKey;Keyboard;8.00;{UpThrustButton};;
Macro Part;((UI Up 6s));PressKey;Keyboard;2.00;{UI_Up};;Part of the request docking macro

@TheThingIs
This should look familiar to you as it shows two commands, which had to be edited manually in your profile until now ;)
 since the commands have individual durations. Now, when you import the generated .vap-file into your profile the commands do not have to be edited any more.

The resources directory in the programs archive contains a template file and an example for include-files.
In the docs directory is a readme-file with a short explanation of the new features.

I've not made this out of sheer friendliness ;)  . I'm rather selfish with this, as I recently bought some voice-packs, which I plan to use with your profile.

As usually let me know if you have problems with the new version.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 07:40:17 am by lavaeolus »
Rincewind: Luck is my middle name. Mind you, my first name is Bad.

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2016, 08:03:04 am »
lavaeolos, what can I say, superb m8, superb and thank you :)
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and here at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

lavaeolus

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2016, 08:36:57 am »
Let me know, if there is any specific functionality you'd like to have :)

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2016, 05:23:49 pm »
Working great so far. I've managed to create the .csv to export the long keypresses fine.

There are just 2 commands left as these use mouse presses. They don't have to be mouse presses as a user could bind them to a joystick or pad. Is there any way to get those out too? They are <HeadLookToggle> and <SecondaryFire>
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and here at HCS we bound them ;)

lavaeolus

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2016, 12:10:41 am »
I'll look into adding event conditions "When i press keys", "When I press button" and "When I press mouse button". But since the user should be able to choose these, it also requires some kind of user interaction, which is a bit beyond the CLI. So I either have to change the GUI version or add a new wizard/setup like user interface.
I Also will look into adding the generated .vap-file directly to another .vap-file instead of importing it, but this requires manipulation of a .vap-file instead of just generating one from the scratch and is more difficult.
It may take a little time to implement those new features.

Edt: I was thinking in the wrong direction. The remaining actions are already in the binds file, so I just have to generate the right "when" condition, without any user interaction, am I right?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 12:32:12 am by lavaeolus »

Gangrel

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2016, 04:35:50 am »
I believe so.

Unless of course the control is purely a joystick command (ie joystick button 2, with no keyboard key associated with it). Then Voice Attack would barf a little bit.

lavaeolus

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2016, 04:51:16 am »
If the action associated with a keyboard, mouse or joystick button press is not a key press, I will add another action type "ExecuteCommand" which will call another command by name. The name must be supplied in the EDBindTool include-file.
In this way complex actions can be executed by the command.

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2016, 08:44:38 am »
my issue with the 2 mouse binds has been resolved so don't worry about it if it's a pain to do. All I did was bind the commands to keys, problem solved....doh! lol

lavaeolus

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2016, 01:01:53 pm »
I have posted a new cli version (1.7.1) which supports mouse and joystick binds. Since VoiceAttack does not support Joystick output (without plugin that is), joystick input is only valid if the command has a second binding to a key. Also, since ED does not know which joysticks are configured for VA the created command may use the wrong joystick.
Handling of ED mouse bindings is better, since there is only one mouse device. If there is a keyboard binding for a command the mouse executes a key press action, if not, a mouse-action is generated.
In both cases only buttons are supported, no axis. Mouse wheel is considered a forward and a backward button.
As usual, let me know about issues and additional functions you like to see.
BTW: I'm working on a new tool for VA and ED, which I think will be as useful as EDBindTool. I think I will post a technical preview in this forum soon.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 01:19:45 pm by lavaeolus »

lavaeolus

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2016, 02:30:29 am »
I've posted a new topic in the "Plugin Upload" section of this forum for my new tool "KeyEventViewer".

Gimi

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2017, 01:05:58 pm »
I have been playing aropund with key maps, and have some questions.

In the DefaultKeyMap there are three columns. The middle one is a number. What does the number refrence (Please excuse me if this is something I missed in the documentation).

Next, in ED 2.2 Norwegian characters didn't show in the binds setup. The equivalent UK-keyboard character was displayed.
In 2.3 Norwegian characters are shown and they are also used in the binds file.
It seems to me that FDEV have updated their internal keymap to include international characters.
In the DefaultKeyMap file you show: Key_ä=OemQuote, Key_ö=Oemtilde and so on.
Are you sure this still is the case in ED 2.3. I would expect Norwegian characters to come up in a similar way, but they don't.

I created a mini binds file in ED that only used those keys that differ between a UK and Norwegian Keyboard. This is what I got:

Last column is what is shown on the physical keyboard. (Apostrophe is missing, excel hick-up)

Edit: Ok, looked at it some more. Figured out what to do next. I'll provide mappings for the ones missing.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 07:07:42 am by Gimi »

lavaeolus

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2017, 10:18:03 am »
Hi,
sorry that I did not reply earlier. I have not tested it with ED 2.3 yet. But will test it in the next days and determine what has changed and what to do.

Mouadib

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2017, 09:02:47 am »
Here the link of image of the missing key in the keymap for Belgium French keyboards

Thanks, nice job!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 03:47:37 pm by Mouadib »