Author Topic: Voice Attack crash, soon as I take any profile (from Alix voice Package)  (Read 98 times)

Turaxis

Hey

Im using Voice Attack v. 1.6.7 (reg. version)
And bought Alix voice package, and just recieved a new version of that package, so doubt its the voicepackage I have issue with, since it come up with same crash, soon as I choose any of the packages, called Alix Basic, or Alix full.

I get a box up, that says Quote/translated:
"VoiceAttack have stopped to work
A problem did that the program stopped to work correct, the program shuts down, and you will get a message if any solution will come."

I tryed to e-mail to support, and they did write that I have to write here.

Also tryed to ask on Discord, (just in case someone there had a solution) and we tryed to un-install VoiceAttack, and re-install VoiceAttack, and still the same issue with a crash soon as I take any of the Alix packages.

Hope this issue goes to solve.

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
Re: Voice Attack crash, soon as I take any profile (from Alix voice Package)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 09:29:48 am »
I've just double checked for you that we haven't done anything silly and the profile loads perfectly well for me. I would suggest again uninstalling and reinstalling VoiceAttack but make sure you clear it fully by hand as well. There are user files here C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\VoiceAttack which require clearing
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and here at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Turaxis

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 10:38:59 am »
I just tryed to remeove, all even manually from that folder.

And first time I started VoiceAttack I got this message:
"19:30:25 - SAPI speech engine could not be initialized.  Switching to Speech Platform speech engine."

And then I tryed to exit, and start the program, again, and then I did not get any error message, so I loaded Alix, but it crashed again on same place.

Is SAPI some driver that I miss in order to get it to work ?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 11:37:31 am »
SAPI refers to the built-in Microsoft Speech Recognition engine. The message you're getting indicates it's not functioning.

It could be you don't have a language pack installed that comes with SAPI support, or your installation is broken.

Gary usually recommends doing a system file scan if something's not working right; You could do that and see if it comes up with anything.

If you don't need dictation, and are aware of the other caveats, the simplest way to get VoiceAttack up and running is probably to install Speech Platform 11. You'll need the runtime and a language-specific speech recognition engine, both of which can be found on this page.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 08:56:23 pm »
If you are getting dropped into the Speech Platform engine, the selected built-in SAPI engine has failed, and VA has detected that a Speech Platform 11 engine has been installed.  If the Speech Platform 11 speech engine fails, you're going to need to reinstall it (I would uninstall it first).

In regards to Alix, have you tried turning off plugin support to see if that helps at all?  To turn off plugins, just go into Options > General and uncheck the box labeled, 'Enable plugin support'.  You'll need to restart VA at that point.  If disabling the plugin fixes the issue, you'll want to look at reinstalling Alix to make sure the plugin dll is not borked up.

mIRCon

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 12:09:58 am »
I've just double checked for you that we haven't done anything silly and the profile loads perfectly well for me. I would suggest again uninstalling and reinstalling VoiceAttack but make sure you clear it fully by hand as well. There are user files here C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\VoiceAttack which require clearing
Yup we did all of mentioned in Discord session and the results were the same. In the other hand none of the HCS current profiles could cause such problem so it was either down to VA itself or Windows issues.
When I asked for VoiceAttackFault.txt  I noticed SAPI errors and referred Turaxis to VA forums since Gary and Pfeil would know more about that error.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 06:33:41 am »
Do you think that there may be a word/phrase in there that the speech engine just does not like?

mIRCon

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 08:47:14 am »
Do you think that there may be a word/phrase in there that the speech engine just does not like?
Then all of users would have that issue as well and it would be reported and well known issue.
I still guess it's something with Windows / SAPI so Turaxis should do the recommended actions which Pfeil mentioned.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 01:06:32 pm »
Sorry… What I meant to say was do you think it's a problem in the language that is selected?
Does not look like it is English Windows that they are using.

If all other profiles are fine, and disabling plug-ins does not solve the problem, it would almost be worth a look.

I would offer to help, but I am traveling O_o

mIRCon

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 12:10:53 am »
From what I figured out and what's written it's Windows with Swedish localisation.
Maybe it would be worth switching to default English language (selecting and downloading English language pack and restarting OS) and then check how it would behave just for the sake of testing. Turaxis can always switch back to default Swedish.